Monday, April 11, 2011

YUM!!!

I just made this and it is SOOOO DELICIOUS!
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/coconut-red-lentil-soup-recipe.html
Yum Yum Yum.
Best part: the raisins. Do NOT leave out the raisins. I didn't have yellow raisins, so I used my really old, really dry, normal purple raisins. And I added kale (my favorite addition to pretty much everything). I halved the recipe, but kept the amount of carrot and coconut milk about the same. Also added more salt than the recipe suggests. And served over rice.
Yum Yum Yum.
If you don't have red lentils, any lentils will do. But if you don't have any lentils, GO BUY SOME NOW :). Then look up recipes w/ lentils. Every lentil recipe I've tried so far has been divine. Which reminds me, I didn't (and still don't) have dried split peas, but because I halved the recipe, I just used 1 c. of  red lentils.
Sorry, no picture. It wouldn't have looked appetizing from my camera. But hopefully the picture on the site will whet your appetite.

1 comment:

Meg and Joe said...

I've been looking for some good lentil recipes! Looks yummy! Thanks!