Saturday, January 28, 2012

write on EV-ER-Y-THING!!

:D I wrote all over a lampshade! It was awesome. And now I want to write on EVERYTHING!!!

Jason has had this white and silver lamp in his room and the idea to do something with it has passed quickly through my mind a few times. But I just decided to do it!

Here's the equipment. I didn't have to a buy a thing! Best project yet.

My practice sheet:

When I was little, my dad used to sing the song "You are my sunshine" to me, so I've always loved it. I've seen it all over Pinterest in various forms and Liz @ Bon Temps Beignet makes some pretty chic subway art with that song. So I've been itching to use it on something.

It took me a few hours (maybe?) broken up over two days. It was really fast. I did the end of it while watching a show, which I knew was probably not a good idea, but did it anyway... And that's when most of my mistakes happened :/. Nothing too big and terrible though. I'm just glad I didn't start writing what I was hearing. You know how that happens sometimes. Someone's talking to you while you're writing and you start writing what they're saying. So I'm glad the lampshade doesn't say anything about food or Robert Irvine. Haha. (Watched Restaurant Impossible.)

The end result!
The very last "love" is in pink. :)


Sooooooooooo not perfect. Not even perfectly IMperfect. But it was so so SO much fun to do. And I love the colors and the song. It makes me smile every time I see it. And makes me start singing the song. Which I don't even mind :).
Love is in black... does it look blue?

Now, what else can I take a Sharpie to...

2 comments:

Sterling and Michelle said...

That turned out so cute. If only I had such lovely penmanship.

Heidi said...

Heidi, You are so creative and it is so very cute! We miss you all so much.