Saturday, January 21, 2012

M.L.K. Day & Printable

To honor Martin Luther King Day, Jason & I watched his famous "I Have a Dream" speech. It was moving. He was very inspired to write and say all he did. I am so grateful for his inspiration, his speech, his courage, his legacy. (Go to the above links to see/read what I'm talking about.)

I realized something from watching it, though - I don't think I've EVER seen or listened to his speech before! How could that be?! How did I never watch it in high school?! I feel totally gypped in my education! EVERY kid should be familiar with his speech. There is SOOOO MUCH in there that is amazing! So many amazing analogies and ideas. It should be studied in American History, in English Lit, in Social Studies.

That sparked a desire to make something I could hang in the house so that at least Jason & I will be familiar with some of the GEMS that are in it.

There are lots of gems, but not all of them would fit on an 8x10 piece of paper ... I tried ... so these are just my most favorites ... maybe.

This is possibly my favorite, but it didn't get included:
"Unearned suffering is redemptive."

1 comment:

Baby Sister said...

I like it. :) It would be hard to choose which phrases to put...