Trying to take off all these layers of paint, without an electric sander, is going to take a lot of time and work, though. (I gave myself a blister last night working on its removal.) So I'm going to move on to the next piece of counterspace - the island - and work on paint removal from the first piece a little at a time.
Even though my original idea didn't work out, I did learn how to get the look I want. Now I'm ready to tackle the other areas w/o having to worry and constantly reassure myself with, 'Just keep going. It'll all turn out and look good in the end. Just keep going.'
|Last night's removal efforts|