Before I gave in and added vinyl, I assembled a few of the cushion/stools, like so:
And things were looking up. Until I realized that waterproofing spray wouldn't protect the fabric from dirty cat paws and dirty little hands and whatever dirtyness I bring to the
See how the fabric was creating a gap? That's because the screw wasn't quite long enough to really dig into the plywood. So I bought some longer plywood screws (sadly, they didn't have any in the same oil-rubbed bronze color) to use after the vinyl went on.
They worked like a charm. And no matter that they're gold, 'cause they're hidden underneath our bums.
|Done outside so as to not wake Jason up.|
Ahhhh, so so nice to be DONE.
(On some of them, I forgot to check where to place the pattern before I screwed it into the chair. oops. Na ja. Oh well.)
For the other posts on this project: here, here, and here. I know, four posts for a relatively small project like reupholstering stools is a little excessive. But it was my first time and I ran into lots of glitches and set-backs. Which seems to be how most of my projects go. Haha.